Are you looking for a reliable orthodontist to fit your new metal braces in the greater Portland, OR area? If so, our team at Angle Orthodontics is at your disposal!
At Angle Orthodontics, we know that metal braces are the most versatile and effective type of orthodontic treatment. Metal braces are able to treat misaligned and crooked teeth in a record amount of time. Unfortunately, metal braces have a bad reputation because they are very visible and generally considered to be uncomfortable in comparison to other options. Contrary to popular opinion, however, metal braces are now more comfortable than ever and they can be spiced up by switching the colors of the elastics. If you are looking for the most effective and economical option for correcting your or your children’s teeth, metal braces are an excellent choice.
Take a look at some of the best reasons for choosing metal braces:
- More effective than other treatments Metal braces are excellent for treating a range of complicated problems, such as extreme overcrowding. They are a much better and faster option than Invisalign or ceramic braces etc. Certain orthodontists consider metal braces to be the only option for specific problems. See also: Are There Any Disadvantages To Clear Braces?
- Improved technology Metal braces are now much smaller, more gentle on your teeth and gums, as well as more aesthetically appealing than they were in the past.
- More economical This option is the most cost-effective way to treat your orthodontic issues. Compared to other options that may be cosmetically more appealing, metal braces are a great, affordable option that gets the job done.
How Do Metal Teeth Braces Work?If you are considering getting metal braces, you might be wondering what the process entails. Take a look at the different steps that are involved in getting your braces set up for the first time:
- First, we will clean the surface of your teeth.
- Next, we will apply a solution to your enamel making it more prone to the effect of orthodontic glue. That way, once we place the glued metal bracket on your tooth, it will stick much easier.
- In order for the glue to set quickly one of our assistants will shine a blue light on your teeth.
- The final step is placing wires on the brackets to connect them to each other.
In order to make sure that your teeth are moving into place correctly, it is important to meet all of your scheduled appointments. During your appointment, one of our orthodontists at Angle Orthodontics will tighten your wires and track your progress.
Ways To Make Sure Your Metal Braces Are 100% EffectiveAt Angle Orthodontics, we use only top quality materials and the newest technology on the market. However, there are certain things that you should also do at home to make sure that your treatment is 100% effective. Take a look at the following tips that we give to all of our patients:
- Avoid certain foods Certain foods are problematic when you wear braces. Sticky things like chewing gum or caramel candy can get stuck in your braces and loosen them. Hard foods like certain types of nuts can also cause different types of problems, breaking or damaging your wires and brackets.
- Go to all of your appointments Going to all of your appointments will allow our team at Angle Orthodontics to monitor your progress, making sure that your treatment is going smoothly and that it is completed in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Brush your teeth regularly Not brushing your teeth regularly could cause cavities to appear and cavities are extremely difficult to treat when you have braces. We recommend brushing at least four times a day to avoid the onset of cavities.
If you are interested in finding out more about what our team at Angle Orthodontics can do to help you correct any potential problems you might have with your teeth, feel free to contact us for more information. We are aware you probably have a lot of different questions about getting braces, so we are happy to offer a free consultation to all of our new customers. Call us today at 503-252-5567 or stop by our clinic in Gresham, OR!